This Division is responsible for the Research, Information and Design needs of the Corporation and its clients. This responsibility is facilitated through the collaborative efforts of four units; Research and Information Services which maintains and manages the Information Services Centre, website and databases; Records Management; Design Services; and Information Technology.
- Preparation of reports for internal and external use on sectors, emerging trends and issues of interest to the industrial sector and the local business community.
- Preparation and analysis of trade, employment and investment statistics.
- Preparation of policy and other papers on areas of interest to Industrial Development.
- Conducting and or facilitating surveys of relevance to industry.
- Preparation of Market Studies which may include conducting research in overseas markets.
- Preparation of studies of sectors which fall under the BIDC's portfolio.
- Preparation of publications such as the BIDC's quarterly magazine "The Barbados Business Catalyst", the BIDC's Annual Report and "The Directory of Manufacturers and Service Companies".
- Maintenance of a database of BIDC's clients.
- Maintenance of statistics on the Special Technical Assistance Programme.
- Preparation of responses to several queries received by the Corporation.
- The provision of advice and assistance to companies and analysis of applications for benefits accorded under the Fiscal Incentives Act.
- The management of the BIDC Information Services Centre with its resources of journals, reports, magazines and catalogues on several subjects.
- The management of the BIDC's Website.
- The management of the corporate strategic planning process of the BIDC.
- The co-ordination of the BIDC's Annual Awards ceremony.